Personal Injury and Medical Negligence

    There are many types of personal injury, causing a wide range of illness and accident claims. We can advise you on your legal options and represent you should you wish to proceed with your claim*.

    KOD Lyons are experienced in acting for both claimants and defendants in all kinds of personal injury actions. We advise in relation to claims for compensation in respect of injuries arising from road traffic accidents, trips and falls, accidents in the workplace, accidents in public places, dangerous footpaths, assaults and defective products.

    If you have suffered an injury or loss due to the fault of others, you should seek our advice about bringing a claim* for damages.

    You should seek advice promptly – there is generally a period of two years from the date of the incident within which legal proceedings must be issued. Even if you believe you may be partly at fault you may be entitled to recover a proportion of the damages relevant to your injury.

    If you would like to talk to us about a personal injury claim* in Ireland, please complete the online form.

    Where there is an accident in which there are no obvious injuries the Gardai may not call to the scene, as there is a policy by the Gardai to let the drivers resolve the matter themselves. Where there is serious injury, the Gardai will nearly always attend and may caution the drivers and in due course may take statements from the people involved and Court prosecution may result.

    You may be entitled to seek compensation for the injuries you received and your ongoing pain and suffering, damage and loss of use of your car, loss of earnings, hospital and medical expenses, travel expenses and other miscellaneous expenses. Our team of experienced and specialised personal Injury solicitors will advise you about all of the items, which you can include in your claim*. Our professional team will keep you updated throughout your claim and will always be available to address any concerns you may have in relation to your claim.

    If you have been injured in an accident at work, you may be entitled to claim for compensation. Employees have the right to a safe place and system of work. You may be compensated if you can prove that the accident was the fault of someone else – your employer or a fellow employee. You may be able to claim if you had an accident at work or if you suffered as a result of your employer being in breach of Health and Safety legislation. You can make a claim for the injuries you received, your medical expenses, any loss of earnings which you had and other miscellaneous expenses.

    People frequently get injured as a result of accidents in public places. We deal with public liability claims*resulting from all common types of accidents, including accidents arising from trips and falls in public places, slips on spillage, accidents in schools, retail premises, leisure centres, in shops or restaurants.

    If it is not possible to settle your claim for compensation with the other parties’ Insurance Company an application must be made to The Injuries Board, formerly referred to as the Personal Injuries Assessment Board (PIAB).

    The solicitors in KOD Lyons have many years of experience working with medical negligence victims in Ireland and can offer you the highest level of service and professionalism in these matters.

    If you or a family member have suffered as a result of what you believe was medical negligence, you need to seek advice from an expert solicitor as soon as possible.

    Our civil department also specialises in all aspect of defamation law. Defamation litigation is an area of the law, which requires carefully considered and thoughtful advice. It is important to know that there is a time limit of one year after the date of publication of a defamatory statement to bring an action.

    If you wish to get advice from a solicitor regarding any of the above mentioned matters, you can contact Freda Murphy or Niamh O’Brien on 01-679 0780 or submit this online form.

    *In contentious business a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.
    If it is not possible to settle your claim for compensation with the other parties’ Insurance Company an application must be made to the Personal Injuries Assessment Board (PIAB).

    Back to 'Services'